CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme review
For many gamers looking to find a high quality gaming PC on a budget, the CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme is one that you will likely find popping up on many lists. Known for its high quality performance and reliable features, it’s become a very powerful PC for the pricing. It’s a PC that is more than optimized for handling even the most particular gaming needs.
It’s fully VR ready, too, which is obviously very important. It’s got full access to the facilities needed to use your VR headsets like the Occulus Rift, for example. With a 6th Gen quad-core processor and a reliable 4GB GPU, too, this is a powerful piece of kit. However, it’s not all rosy in the garden.
Let’s take a look at the overall strengths and weaknesses in the CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme. Is it quite the machine that others make it out to be? Or is there more work to be done to get this up to the standard that one would expect?
Check price -> CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme
As you might expect, the CYERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme comes with some nice add-ons to make it stand out from the crowd. This includes:
- Intel i5-6402P 2.8GHz Quad-Core
- Intel B150 Chipset
- 8GB DDR4
- 1TB HDD
- WI-FI USB Adapter
- Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit supplied with PC.
- AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB Video Card
- Fully VR Ready
- 1x HDMI port
- 1x Display Port
Peripherals and Connections
- 6 x USB 3.0
- 4 x USB 2.0
- 1x RJ-45 Network Ethernet 10/100/1000
- 1 Channel audio.
- Keyboard and Mouse
- A very sleek, stylish looing design of the casing makes the CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme stand out from the crowd. The smart red back-lighting looks smart, and creates that instant feeling of power from within.
- The interior is not too bad, either. The CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme brings plenty of power to the party, with the MSI B150M Bazooka motherboard providing the perfect foundation for all of the hardware inside. No room for extra GPU power, but plenty of room for DDR4 DIMM add-ons.
- Impressive power supply rating, with an 80+ Bronze rated power supply making sure this isn’t going to consume too much energy. Good efficiency, though obviously not the most efficient on the market. 56W idle and 272W at maximum when undergoing major stress testing.
- The gaming mouse and keyboards provided far break the standard that most are used to when it comes to getting free peripherals. Strong, sturdy, easy to pick up and with good extension on the wires, they are fine peripherals indeed.
- The fact it comes with everything you need apart from a monitor (which can easily be plugged into a TV, anyway) makes this the kind of platform that most people would be more than happy to reach out for.
- It’s a very impressive machine, with a high quality power supply making sure the system never feels too high or turns into an orchestra when playing your favorite games.
- Speaking of games, the CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme is a bonafide gaming machine. Whether you want to kick ass on Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds, conquer the Wild Hunt in The Witcher 3 or conquer your enemies in the Total War series, this provides the firepower needed to place just about any game that you would be intent on trying out.
- Processing Power. The i5-7400 that comes strapped into this is a fine piece of kit. If you are looking for a good quality of 6th gen quad-core from Intel, you aren’t likely to feel too let down by this. With a 3GHz clock speed and a turbo of 3.5GHz, this can more than handle the power one will need for most games.
- Memory is a big part of any PC that you buy, particularly for gaming. With 8GB of DDR4 RAM, this offers more than enough proof that the CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme can handle itself. Just note that you don’t always get the same brand of RAM as is listed on-site. You can easily add more RAM if you are playing something with a very large memory demand.
- Graphical Output. As one might expect from a good quality of gaming machine, the graphical capacity of the CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme is outstanding. The Radeon RX580 is a good 4GB GPU that should more than give you the level of performance that you need to expect. Good, high quality frame rates isn’t just hoped for; it’s expected.
- The storage is decent, but it could be a lot better if we are being truthful. The 7200RPM 1TB HDD is a good place to start for storage, but it’s not got any SSD storage. As such, you might find that loading times are down even despite the quality of the machine if you have grown used to having an SSD. You could always throw one in, of course, but it’s adding to the cost.
- The thing that holds all of your CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme rig together looks very cool. It’s got that nice dark mirror finish that adds that mysterious, stylish finish to your hardware. With the space for plenty of hardware and a whopping level of room for up to four fans and even water cooling, this does a fine job of supporting GPU units up to 40cm in length. A very good case for those with one eye on an upgrade in the near future, too.
We had the pleasure of trying this out on most modern games; with games like The Witcher, PUGB, Call of Duty: WWII and the like all cranked up to the top settings, we found it ran very smoothly indeed. Not too much to complain about from a performance point of view, in truth.
- A very well-priced model; one that should leave you with little doubt about the overall quality of your investment.
- Great quality graphics card and CPU makes sure you are left with a model that, today, needs very little improvement to enjoy high quality gaming.
- Very smart and modern looking style makes this a slick choice for gamers who look aesthetics as much as functionality.
- Easy to upgrade in the long-term if you feel like it needs more or that, as time goes on, parts feel dated.
- 1-year warranty and lifetime support is always a nice bonus when buying hardware.
- Comes with everything but the monitor; a very fair and complete package.
- The lack of an SSD will hurt those who are used to having one; for flagship games, it’s perhaps best investing in one.
- LED lights are always on if the fans are running – hard to disguise when you’re supposed to be ‘in bed’!
- Power supply is very good but the brand is random, which can lead to your luck when it comes to the PSU.
- Random nature of some components can leave you unsure with what you are getting. Though usually not a problem, certainty is appreciated and valued.
- You’ll need a HDMI or Display port to use this, or you will have to invest in an adaptor.
CyberPower PC for PUBG
The CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme should give you outstanding value and quality for the price that you will pay. You would find it hard to get a better pricing point for a similar piece of hardware, we would suggest. The RX580 is a very impressive GPU and should be more than capable running new and just released AAA titles. Overall, it’s a very easy to use system and, best of all, is easily upgradeable in the future.
Other models tend to leave you with a take it or leave it model, with little wiggle room for improvement. This is not close to maxing out its potential, so while the CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme comes in fine form today, you could very easy upgrade it as time goes on. Overall? Well worth your consideration.
Presuming you are looking for a gaming rig instead of an office unit, this is a top place to start. If you just need it for browsing the web, watching media and work stuff, this is overkill. If you want to start playing games in good time, now is the place to start.
Check price -> CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme